Join us in the Resistance on Tuesday, March 21st! Our agenda includes:
1 Want Affordable Housing? Join us as Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Oakland) discusses AB 1506, historic legislation to repeal the Costa Hawkins Housing Act (1995). Costa Hawkins prohibits cities from applying rent control to new buildings, making it difficult for cities to protect tenants from landlords who charge obscene rents.
2) The Transgender Law Center staff will share details on the latest Trump Administration attacks on Transgender youth and what we can do to support our beloved community.
3) Dean Preston with Tenants Together will discuss current affordable housing campaigns and plans to hold a regional housing forum to address the housing crisis on a broader scale.
4) Supervisor Jane Kim will join us to talk about her work to adopt legislation urging the San Francisco Employees Retirement System Board, which oversees The City’s $21 billion pension fund, to use its proxy power to reject excessive CEO compensation.
5) Information on how participate in and support the May Day actions and the Day Without An Immigrant march and rally.
6) A Milk report on the details of the Trumpcare bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
7) A vote to elect new At-Large board positons!
---And much more! (Stay tuned.) See you at 7pm.