Friday Nights has returned for summer and you’re invited!
Kick-start your weekend with free general admission, live music, art-making, cocktails, film screenings, panel discussions, lectures and exhibition tours, all in the name of art.
Join us this Friday, June 23rd, for the ongoing commemoration of our special exhibition, ‘The Summer of Love Experience: Art, Fashion, and Rock & Roll.’ Tonight’s event is presented in partnership with Levi’s. Explore archival Levis® clothing from the 1960’s, chill out with Mad Alchemy's liquid light show and hear from Paul O’Neill, Head of Design at Levi’s Vintage Clothing; Michael Zagaris, celebrity photographer; Melody Sabatasso, fashion designer of Love, Melody in our panel discussion.
The first one hundred guests to check-in wearing Levis® will receive a complimentary ticket to 'The Summer of Love Experience' and the first thousand guests will receive a custom screen printed tote bag!
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
• Get your brand new tote bag or favorite Levis® trucker jacket customized with psychedelic chain-stitched designs by Chain Gang LA in Wilsey Court
• Liquid Light Show by Mad Alchemy, 5—8:30 pm in Piazzoni Murals Room
• Summer of ’67 Panel Discussion hosted by curator Jill D’Alessandro, 7—7:45 pm in Koret Auditorum
• 'Tools and Implements: When Function Becomes Form,’ by June artist-in-residence Whitney Lynn
• Mixed-media art-making stations
For more information visit: deyoungmuseum.org/fridays
Find us @deyoungmuseum on Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag, #thenightisdeYoung.
Please note: Public programs and permanent collection admission are free. An additional fee applies for admission to 'The Summer of Love Experience: Art, Fashion, and Rock & Roll' and 'Stuart Davis: In Full Swing'. Additional fees apply for drinks and dining.