Facebook event page
Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre
40 John F Shelley Dr, San Francisco, California 94134
We are pleased to announce the return of the San Francisco Bluegrass & Old Time Festival (SFBOT) to San Francisco on Wednesday-Sunday, October 11-15, 2017. The revival of the fun bluegrass event will take place the week after the October 6-8 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival.
The SFBOT shows will be held in various venues, with the FREE closing Sunday concert set for October 15 at the Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre in McLaren Park. This special SUNDAY event showcases several of our local troubadours at a non-stop afternoon of new and traditional tunes sung and played by several well-known bluegrass bands:
1) AJ Lee and Blue Summit 12-12:45pm — recently featured in the Chronicle
2) Beauty Operators 1-1:45 pm
3) Crooked Jades (tentative) 2-2:45pm — old-time band who have released six albums
4) Rusty Stringfield 3-3:45pm — played the Redwood Ramble and Strawberry Music festivals this year
5) SF Bluegrass All Stars Featuring Laurie Lewis 4-5:15pm — Grammy award winner and long-time local legend!
Join us all 4 days and Sunday October 15 starting at noon for the finale of this 4-day festival.
The original festival (held 2000-2013) was organized by a quasi-independent committee of the Northern California Bluegrass Society (NCBS) The revival is a project of several area bluegrass organizations, including the NCBS. Additional support will be provided by the San Francisco Parks & Recreation Department and hosted by the Friends of the AMP as part of their free Saturday in the Park McLaren concert series 2017.
Visit SaturdaysinthePark.org for more information