Are you curious why San Francisco Democrats come in different shades of blue? Bewildered by local politics or intimidated by the state and federal stuff? Mad as hell about Trump but don’t know what to do about it?
The United Democratic Club presents «SF Politics 101.» It's an intro course on politics with a panel of experts and activists. We’ll also let you know how to take action at the local, state, and federal level.
*** FREE EVENT — RSVP REQUIRED: bit.ly/2n80cgx
Armand Domalewski, United Democratic Club Board Member
Joel Engardio, Columnist for the San Francisco Examiner
Dyanna Quizon, former Legislative Aide for Supervisor Katy Tang
Alex Wong, Legislative Assistant for State Senator Jerry Hill
Alex Lazar, Senior Congressional Aide for Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
Topics we’ll cover:
• A brief history of San Francisco, its politics and East/West divide.
• The difference between “moderate” and “progressive” Democrats (discover your shade of blue).
• How local government works: What is a supervisor and how do they relate to the mayor? Why are there 11 supervisor districts and which one is yours?
• How does state government work: What’s the difference between an assemblymember and a senator?
• Who represents us in Washington, D.C. and how can we be heard?
• What does the future hold for local politics and issues like housing and transportation?
• How can we fight Trump?
Bring your questions!
• Doors open at 6:30 PM.
• The program starts at 6:50 PM sharp.
• Free event but RSVP required: bit.ly/2n80cgx
• The site does not have ADA bathrooms. We apologize for the inconvenience.