Facebook event page
Old Federal Reserve Bank Building (San Francisco)
San Francisco, California
YOU’RE INVITED to a cookie-inspired cocktail and hors d’oeuvres reception to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts selling cookies —the largest girl-led financial literacy program in the country!
This girl-inspired fundraiser/friend raiser event will attract over 200 community partners, Girl Scout supporters and friends of Girl Scouts for a girl-inspired conversation about entrepreneurship, courage, leadership and girl empowerment.
• Girl Scout Robotics Demo
• Travel & Adventure Presentation
• Top Cookie Sellers
• Young Makers Club Invention Showcase
Guest Speaker: Dr. Christine Mann Darden
Dr. Darden is a mathematician, data analyst, and aeronautical engineer, whose career at NASA Langley Research Center spanned nearly 40 years and focused on sonic boom research. Dr. Darden was one of the few African-American women known as NASA’s “Human Computers,” whose contributions greatly impacted the NASA Space Program in the early 1960s. These “Hidden Figures” were featured in the 2016 Oscar-Nominated film.
Also, hear from an exciting panel of entrepreneur honorees moderated by a Girl Scout. Honorees include:
• Leah Busque, TaskRabbit Founder and Executive Chairwoman
• Jessica Herrin, Stella & Dot Founder and CEO
• Katrina Lake, Stitch Fix Founder and CEO
• Girl Scout top cookie seller
Tickets include appetizers, a cocktail, non-alcoholic beverages, & a box of cookies! Girls are welcome to attend with an adult chaperone. Early Bird Pricing: $150 until 8/21; General Tickets $200 after 8/21. For more info visit: gsnorcal.org/celebrating-entrepreneurship
Who should attend?
• Anyone interested in learning more about Girl Scouts and those who are passionate about providing opportunities for all girls and building the next generation of women leaders.
• Girls are welcome to attend with an adult chaperone.
What is the fundraiser for?
Proceeds from this event will support council wide initiatives, and could go to programs such as Got Choices program, serving girls who are involved or are at risk of becoming involved with the juvenile justice system; Daughters of Farm Workers, a leadership and skill building program for girls from marginalized farm worker communities; and Girl Scouts Discover Together, an award-winning STEM and environmental science enrichment series serving girls in under-resourced neighborhoods.
Thank you to our current sponsors!
S’mores Presenting Sponsor: Qatalyst Partners (qatalyst.com); and Marcie Vu
Thin Mint: Chevron; Simpson Strong-Tie; Spokes7 Foundation — Erika Rottenberg
Samoas: AT&T; Deloitte, LLP; Debra Rossi & Family; Salesforce
Tagalongs: Oracle; RINA accountancy corporation; Diana L. Bell; Ellen Bermingham and Tim Culler; Karen Derr Gilbert — FTV Capital; The Tarman and MacGillivray Families; and Sue Troxel
Other things to note:
• For event inquiries please contact Samantha Seals-Martin at [email protected]
or (510) 562-8470, ext. 1510
• Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Samantha Seals-Martin at [email protected]
for more information.
• Event Parking: Paid parking available across the street at 1 Embarcadero Center. Additional parking garages nearby.
• Cash Bar Available: ticket does include 1 signature cocktail and non-alcoholic beverages. Additional adult beverages will be available. Cash only, sorry no credit card drink service.