Facebook event page
San Francisco Federal Building
90 7th Street, San Francisco, California 94103
Ban Trump! US troops out of the Philippines!
US President Donald Trump will be visiting the Philippines between November 12-14, 2017 for the first time. It will be one of many stops Trump has planned for his Asia Pacific tour as he participates in the Association of South East Asian Nations’ East Asia Summit (EAS), where leaders from 18 countries will be present-- including China and Russia, US imperialism’s two main competitors--to discuss their plans for expanding neoliberal globalization and domination of the region. Underneath the summit table are trade wars, the US military pivot to Asia, aggressive expansion of China, warmongering on the Korean Peninsula, growing territorial tensions the East and South China Sea, and other local and regional issues.
To assert its own hegemony and contain China’s expansion, total defense spending of the U.S. in the Asia-Pacific is forecast to hit US$533 billion per year by the end of the decade, up from US$435 billion in 2015. The region will likely account for one in every three
dollars spent on defense by the early 2020s.
Meanwhile, embattled Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte will host the East Asia Summit as he chairs the ASEAN on its 50th year. Amidst his fascist wars on the poor, martial law in Mindanao, and extra-judicial killings, Duterte will play out his precarious balancing act in foreign diplomacy, which to-date has amounted to placating to foreign interests including the U.S. and China. This is a time to voice out the people’s concerns — on the world stage. This is a time for international solidarity.
The total U.S. defense budget recently increased to over $700 billion, which means more human rights violations towards poor and working people within the U.S. and even more throughout the world, and we say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
TRUMP! STOP using our tax dollars for U.S. intervention and human rights violations! We demand:
1. U.S. Troops out of the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific NOW!
2. End the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA)
3. End the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA)
Trump, WE WANT our tax dollars used on resources for jobs, housing, education, healthcare, and services!
DUTERTE! STOP THE KILLINGS! We demand an end to the 3 all-out wars on the people:
1. War on Drugs, where over 13,000 people, overwhelmingly from the ranks of the poor, have been killed with no due process.
2. War Against National Democratic Cause, where activists and people who expose and oppose the government’s corrupt practices are targeted for human rights violations, include extrajudicial killings, imprisonment, abduction and torture.
3. War Against the Moro people, where Muslim people are pegged as the enemies which everyone should be fearful of, rather than those whose rights are constantly violated. U.S.-imperialism uses this as basis to have military presence under the guise of the U.S. War on Terror.
This is the time to say: Resist U.S. wars! Build peace!
Join the international Call to Action against Trump’s visit to the Philippines and Asia Pacific region, the neo-liberal agenda of the ASEAN and EAS, and towards building a movement of all people who support Philippine liberation and struggle for genuine independence from US imperialism!
1. TAKE ACTION in the streets confronting the US military & economic pivot!
2. Have your organization ENDORSE these days of actions by filling out this: docs.google.com/forms/d/1kcVooV2e3FuUqtjmggv5J2nM3YuQPnD4H_YZoItv-vE/viewform?edit_requested=true
3. SIGN ON to the Unity Statement against Trump in the Philippines! (forthcoming)
4. DONATE to BAYAN’s People’s Caravan and Protest actions to confront Trump at Clark Airbase. They will need to buy tents, sleeping bags, etc. as they camp-out along the 2-day caravan. You can Venmo @BAYANUSA or donate to BAYAN USA on paypal.com
5. JOIN the Resist US-Led War Movement by signing on to the Manifesto: resistusledwarmovement.com/
Anakbayan East Bay
Anakbayan Silicon Valley
League of Filipino Students — SFSU
Marcha Patriotica Colombia
Migrante SoMa/TL- San Francisco
Third World Resistance
Workers World Party — Bay Area
Anti Police-Terror Project
API Equality — Northern California
AROC: Arab American Legal Services-AALS
ASATA — Alliance of South Asians Taking Action
Asians 4 Black Lives-Bay Area
Filipino Advocates for Justice
Filipino Community Center
General Union of Palestine Students -GUPS SFSU
Haiti Action Committee
HOBAK — Hella Organized Bay Area Koreans
Nafcon National Alliance for Filipino Concerns
National Ecumenical Forum for Filipino Concerns — North California Chapter
National Lawyers Guild San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
Network in Solidarity with the People of Guatemala (NISGUA)
The Oakland Law Collaborative
PASU Pilipino American Student Union-Stanford University
Samidoun: Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network
Socialist Action (Bay Area)
Stanford Asian American Activism Committee — SAAAC
Students for Alternatives to Militarism-Stanford University
SFSU Students for Quality Education (SQE)
students for the liberation of all people (slap)-Stanford University
SURJ SF — Showing Up for Racial Justice
The United People of Color Caucus of the NLG, SF Bay Area Chapter
Xicana Moratorium Coalition