“It's like yoga for your love life!”
🌟 NY Magazine’s ‘The Cut’: “I saw plenty of connections being made… men and women gazing at each other, laughing, and thanking each other…”
🌟 Metro UK: “An opportunity to meet someone face-to-face in an honest environment without the endless messaging, game-playing and faux confidence. It’s dating without the booze and the bullshit.”
🌟 “Unquestionably the best dating event I have ever attended. It’s transformative.” -John N.
* Can’t make this event? See all dates in all cities:
*** TANTRA SPEED DATE ***
Tired of swiping, mindless chit-chat and awkward first dates?
Come meet mindful singles at our Tantra Yoga-inspired dating event.
Our authentic and playful exercises will bring out your best self so you can get to know your dates in a real way.
You'll share a few moments of connection with each date in a traditional Puja circle. Exercises are fun and PG-rated (communication games, actor's improv, partner yoga, dance, etc.), and of course you're always in charge of how you want to participate.
After the event, receive your matches.
* Please arrive in time to check in and receive your dating materials.
* Ceremony will begin 30 minutes after published start time. Doors will be closed for duration of ceremony. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED. (See cancellation/late policy below)
* Door tickets (cash only) are available on a first come first served basis, subject to capacity and gender balance. Event does sell out so pre-purchase online to guarantee your spot. Online sales end 3 hours before event start.
* Tickets: $35 EarlyBird, $45 Online, $60 at door (cash only)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* «Not only did I meet amazing open-hearted people, I experienced genuine healing through the connection exercises. I feel more connected to my femininity and sense of masculinity, and more healed in my relationship with both.» -Kasia K.
* “Unlike other dating events, you will leave feeling you received a great number of gifts, even if you leave without a match. This will change the way you think about relationships for good!”
* “Incredible opportunity to fall into my feminine energy in a way I can’t usually experience!” -Genevieve
* “This event helped heal a lot of fear I had about the male figure. Guy ran such beautiful exercises. I felt myself beginning to heal.”
* «This type of experience should be offered nationwide, to reduce peoples feelings of isolation and loneliness. If people had access to an experience like this on a weekly basis, the world would be a kinder and happier place»
* “It's very healing. You forget that this is a romantic intention. It's soulful.” -Michelle L.
* “This was excellent! Really want to know how to be this all the time.”
* “A beautifully held night of fun and connection. It took the angst and panic out of meeting new potential partners and just had fun connecting and healing.” -Hannah L.
What is Tantra Yoga?
Well, for starters, it's not what you saw in the movie American Pie! Tantra is thousands of years old and has become a buzzword, which unfortunately has some misleading definitions. Translated from Sanskrit, it means «weaving,» which we have come to understand as oneness. Bringing oneness to yourself and consciousness to what you do. The exercises involving breathing and meditation that are a part of Tantra are designed to bring you into a state of being more present. And who doesn't want to be more present, right?
What is a Puja?
A Puja is an intentional ceremony. Translated from Sanskrit it means reverence, honor, an offering. It is a ritual designed to open our hearts and allow us to see the inner beauty within ourselves and all beings. It invites us into the elegant dance of masculine and feminine in a warm space of oneness and connection—what a great way to start your first date!
What does it look like?
Participants form two circles facing each other. The men form the outside circle and the women form the inside, with each woman facing a man. Each pair then share a meaningful exchange through a directed exercise (a Puja “station”), which can be for a few seconds or a few minutes. Then they put their hands in Namaste, thank each other and--like a speed date--rotate to the next person. The ceremony ends when everyone has rotated full circle.
What are some of the exercises?
We’ll do some basic connection exercises: breathing, meditation, light partner yoga, speaking a vulnerability, eye-gazing, dance, conscious touch (holding hands, hands on heart)… things that go a bit beyond the obligatory “what do you do/where are you from.” And you’re always invited to go as deep as you choose.
What if I don’t feel comfortable doing the exercises?
Thanks for asking! We take consent very seriously, and we have a zero tolerance policy for any inappropriate behavior. While the exercises are straightforward and fun—and we have been told we do an excellent job creating a safe container—you are always 100% at choice for how you wish to participate. Just like in yoga, when you find a pose you’re not comfortable with, you have the option to modify, or completely opt out of any exercise. Everyone is encouraged to participate at their own comfort level, and our facilitators go over what that looks like at each event, so everyone is clear before we begin.
So how is this a dating event?
What makes this a «date» is that you get to choose who you enjoyed interacting with, and we'll put you in touch after the event. We like to let the women choose. The women will get to sense each man’s personality and presence and decide who they may want to get to know better. Men will be instructed on how to be grounded and open-hearted so they can be felt. We find when we trust the wisdom of the feminine somehow it all works out.
What is the schedule for each event?
* Doors open at the published start time. That’s when we check you in and give you your dating materials. Everyone must check in to participate in the ceremony. A waiting list is made available at the door.
* 20 minutes from start — we begin to take folks from the waiting list (subject to capacity and gender balance.)
* 30 minutes from start — we close the doors and begin the ceremony. Anyone that hasn’t checked in before this time will not be able to participate when we begin. (See our late/cancellation policy below).
What should I wear?
You'll want to look good but also comfortable. Though we've had some folks show up after work in suits (and they've managed okay) you want to be able to move comfortably during the more movement-based stations. Don't worry about shoes, we'll take those off before we start. Do make sure you have good hygiene, and groom yourself as you would to prepare to interact with potential dates.
Is there food or drink at the event?
There is no food or drink provided at the event (unless it’s a special occasion). It’s a good idea to bring a bottle of water. You could bring a snack for before or after (note that some venues may not allow food). However, you will have only a short moment with each date, so you probably won’t want to eat during the ceremony.
What is the gender balance at the event?
We do our best to aim for an equal gender balance at each event. So far just about every event has been sold out, and since we have an equal number of tickets per gender, we've had a near-perfect gender balance at each event. (We also use door sales to balance out gender).
What is the average age range?
We haven’t limited any of the events to a specific age range. So far it has managed to work out every time; there are always plenty of dates for everyone. On occasion we may have one or two stations with a wide age gap. But, interestingly enough, participants report that that works out too. It seems that connection itself can be quite healing, sometimes especially so when there isn’t a romantic interest. Imagine that! However, if you’re into numbers and absolutely must know, email us with the date and location of your event, and we’ll give you the average age range of current registrants.
How many dates will I have?
Up to 20 dates. Each event can accommodate approximately 40 participants, so assuming a perfect gender balance, everyone would have a maximum of 20 dates.
I saw the event posted without a lot of RSVPs. Will there be enough people?
So far, just about every event has sold out, often with a waiting list. The event is posted in multiple places, and some forums get more traffic than others, so don’t worry if you see less people RSVP in one place than another. We wouldn’t proceed with an event if there weren’t enough people to make it worthwhile.
Do I have to be single to attend?
One would imagine! We realize there are many classifications of relationship status these days. So as long as you are available to meet a romantic partner, you are welcome to attend. If your situation makes it so you are not open to meeting someone (for instance, if you’re in a monogamous relationship), then it would not be appropriate for you to attend.
Will there be an LGBT version?
While this current iteration of Tantra Speed Date is geared towards men-seeking-women and women-seeking-men, there has been discussion on how to adapt the concept for various orientations and genders. We haven't quite figured out the logistics of how that would work with some of the more nuanced stations, but we're open to suggestions.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
We want you to have a great time at our event. However, life happens, and sometimes you can't make it. If you cancel 24 hours or more before the event you can get a full refund via EventBrite. If you cancel within 24 hours of event start time (or you are late and miss the ceremony start), we can move your ticket to the next event as a one-time courtesy, provided you give us email notice. If you are late again or cancel last minute a second time, the ticket is forfeit. Make sure to notify us via email before the event starts, as we cannot offer any refunds or transfers after the event has started.
Can I give/re-sell my ticket to someone else?
Tickets are non-transferable. Please do not sell your ticket to someone else; it confuses the system and people don't get their proper matches. You can request a refund or be moved to the next event (see above). However, in any case, please let us know so we can open up your spot to someone else. No notice, no refund/transfer.
Can I sign up my friend?
You can, but you must fill out their name and email address on the attendee form. Otherwise we will not be able to check them in properly, and they will not receive their matches.
What is the Tantra Institute?
The Tantra Institute’s mission is to empower people to connect more consciously using the tools and teachings of (primarily) Tantra. We hold multiple events, such as our extremely popular Tantra Night! Event, and work with singles and couples to help them increase their capacity for intimacy, authenticity, and pleasure. All our events are listed here:
I really like Tantra, how can I learn more?
Most people do! If you're in New York, come to our other events, such as Tantra Night! and visit our Facebook page to learn more.
Still have more questions?
Contact us, we’ll be happy to tell you more about this event or others.