Facebook event page
(Verdi Club) 2424 Mariposa Street, San Francisco, California 94110
SAM ROCHA AND HIS COOL FRIENDS:
Known for his innate musicality and rhythm and his inventive melodic solos, bassist Sam Rocha has quickly become a rising star in the Trad jazz and Gypsy swing circuits. Also fluent in classic jazz tuba, cornet, and guitar, this highly talented and sought-after musician has a knack for making any band he plays in sound better. He regularly plays with the Cottontails, the Hot Baked Goods, and Le Jazz Hot Quartet. For tonight's dance, Sam returns with his own band of swingin' musicians, especially chosen to keep you dancing all night!
THE WOODCHOPPER'S BALL:
The Woodchopper's Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco.
* LIVE MUSIC DANCE PARTY, 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week! $10 admission (monthly class students FREE), all ages. Includes a drop-in Basic Swing dance lesson (9:00-9:15pm), perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
* 2,500-SQ-FT DANCE FLOOR: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
* FULL BAR & LOUNGE, 7:30pm-closing (21+ only)! Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
* MARCH Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA monthly class series conclude tonight, 7:00-9:00pm. Single Monthly Class drop-in: $20/person/week, all ages. Enrollment includes Dance Parties!
* NEW (4-week) APRIL Lindy Hop and Balboa class series start Tuesday, April 3, 2018! Register online in advance, only $60/mo, and save $15! ($75/mo door):
6:30pm: Doors Open
7:00-8:00pm: Monthly Int Lindy Hop & Int Balboa Classes
7:30pm-closing: Full Bar Open (21+ only)
8:00-9:00pm: Monthly Beg Lindy Hop & Beg Balboa Classes
9:00-9:15pm: Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson
9:00-11:30pm: Live Music Dance Party