Decolonize the Body—Cultura Viva Comunitaria workshop:
Social Transformation through Movement Arts and the Arts of Movements
The Cultural Conservancy invites you to an afternoon with special guest Iván Nogales: Bolivian artist, teacher, and movement leader, teaching in California for the first time. We are thrilled to provide this unique opportunity to connect with him and his experience with the arts and social movement communities in Latin America.
Iván will lead us through a series of practices from his work:
• Embody decolonization through personal and collective liberatory exercises
• Movement, voice, games and interactive theater to break colonized logic systems
We’ll also learn about:
• Collective liberation movements emerging in Bolivia and Latin America
• The Cultura Viva Comunitaria movement
• Caravanas Culturales from Teatro Trono to Cultura Viva Comunitaria
Wednesday, June 13th, 1-5pm.
Afterwards, you are invited to caravan with Iván to the 6:30pm film screening of Spectacular Movements, featuring Iván and Teatro Trono in Bolivia, at Omni Commons in North Oakland (see separate event page). Director Mateo Hinojosa will also be present for Q&A.
East Side Arts Alliance.
2277 International Blvd, Oakland
$5 – 50, no one turned away for lack of funds